Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looking for a 5 string ~$400 maybe up to $500

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tehdouglas, Feb 11, 2006.

1. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Another good option would be the Peavey Millennium AC BXP. It is active with a very decent sound and it weighs less than most of the Grinds. If I could find a Grind that didn't weigh so much I would get one in a heartbeat. Other good options are the Ibanezes and Yamahas in that price range.

2. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
  3. Yamaha BB415.Passive but great sound.Also the active bb615 should be in your price range too.

4. bassistjo

bassistjo

Jun 22, 2005
    You should get a Fender V Jazz Bass

5. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
  6. vacman

vacman

Mar 8, 2004
    portland, or
    Cort Curbow 5. Play one if you can; I have fallen in love with mine.
    Out the door for $450 or less. We can offer you our own thoughts until the Seahawks make it to the finals again so just play as many as you can get your hands on. happy hunting.....:D

7. That Spector Legend is Beautimus! I also suggest Ibanez SR400 and SR500 as well as the BTB500 line. Alot of people here love their Schecter Diamond Series basses, like the Stillettos and the C-4 didn't bug me too much when I played it. Also ESP fans are plentyful around here, as well as many Yamaha enthusiests 'repping' their BB, RBX, and TRB line basses.

I think all of these basses are great in their own different way.. Which makes chosing one even more of a chore!!!!

-ryan-

8. hippiesandwich

hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
    I just picked up a used Peavey TL-5 on eBay (to use a "keep at work under my desk" practice bass) for $405. Hasn't arrived yet but looks like excellent bang for the $.

[​IMG][​IMG]

9. gravaged

gravaged

Dec 9, 2005
    Alabama
    good bass (the grind). if I could go back, a Grind 4 woulda been my first bass... oh well.