Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

looking for a 5 string bass with EMGs

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Arcades, Feb 13, 2001.

1. Arcades

Arcades

Jan 5, 2001
    I was wondering if anyone knows of a bass that is 5 string and comes standard with dual EMG pickups. Email me

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I believe Sadowsky makes one like that.

3. The Godin BG-5 used to come with stock EMG's although I think they've since switched to Seymour Duncan basslines.

Have a look at their site:

http://www.godinguitars.com/godinbgspecsp.htm

They just changed the design recently so if you're really stuck on the EMG's maybe you can find some in old stock if you phone around a few dealers.

In any case, these new BG-5's are really nicely made.

4. air_leech

air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    Israel
    the G&L L-5500 is fivestring bass which comes with EMG electronics and dual EMG DC40s.

never played one but seen two in person, one was in the distributers shop where they wont let you play any of their instruments if you don't show them the money of which you are going to buy with (but that was a year ago, I guess they charge you money for looking around nowdays ;)).

the seconed one was in a pawn shop.

the bass looks like a G&L L-2500 approximately but the headstok is of the 4+1 tuner arrangment.
    they are no longer in production and are not of significant value to collectors so you might pick one for dirt cheap.

5. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    The 5-string Czech Spector has EMGs. The G&L 5500 had EMGs as well, but I don't think they're being made anymore.