1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Looking for a 6 string...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bagusys, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Bagusys

Bagusys

Sep 5, 2012
    I need a 6 string with a nut width smaller than the average 54mm (hair over 2"), Ibanez claims that their SR lines are the "Thinnest 6S basses out there) hmmmm 54mm nut, sounds like everyone else there Ibanez.
    I do t want the stupid low B string what I'm looking for is the original 6string design (Danelectro/Fender VI), but, DE are eh and I hate Fenders, correction snobby oldheads that think Fender should be the only G/B company on the planet have made me SPITE Fenders... Sry for the rant...

99% of my basses are Washburns with the Schecter 8S, US Master Fretless and the Wishbass being the exception.

I play either 4 or Guitar tuned 6strings.

I got a Washburn XB500 to convert to a 6 String, but my tech refuses to do it haha.

anyone know of any basses that I can do CGCFAD tuning 105-110g being the thickest string. I usually buy 7string packs and toss the Bstring on my Joybass for C tuning.

b4 anyone else says it, Baritone G and Silhouette B are not what I am looking for... Thx

or can silhouette basses handle normal Bass strings, not the Toothpicks they normally have.?.

2. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Sorry, but why is a low B "stupid"?

3. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 Always overcompensating Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2010
    SoCal
    Deep breath.

4. jharms80439

jharms80439 Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2004
    Evergreen, CO
    Could the OP be looking for what is essentially a long scale baritone guitar with different tuning?