Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

looking for a band in 2002

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by whitester, May 30, 2001.

1. I'm not sure if were allowed to advertise here but i'm only new to this thing so i should be allowed one slip.

Anyway, i'm here in Australia but might be moving to toronto Canada, in 2002, and would deffinitly like to get a band going as i will be leaving the mine back here. but i have a plan. Initially it will be a cover band but with a bit of a difference as there is really only one band i would want to cover . A band called Pre_Shrunk. Look up www.preshrunk.com. only two basses and drums. look at the site, and if your interested i can email, songs etc etc and we can start one of the first international covers band.

so drop me a line if you've got nothing to do in 2002

2. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    hahaha mate, i'm here in Melbs and Davage is one of me buddies, and lemme tell you - covering any of pre_shrunk's sh*t is not gonna happen for ya ! especially off the debut album, the boys are using a sh*tload of effects and pitched-up, harmonized basses ... it'd be a nightmare for you, dude :D but hey, i'd luv to hear someone cover "Frogga Boogaga" ... that'd be classic ;)

3. hey it's worth a try, and why not play songs you love. I'd never had any intention to say they were our songs and would be happy to announce to any audience that they were songs from a bloody fantastic band back in oz. I just want to get them out there. I've been following them for years and had the chance to sopport them on an occasion and would never want to rip em off, as i have all the respect in the world for the lads. just thought it would be fun!!!

4. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    then get stuck into it !! :) but just don't get all pissed off when things aren't sounding exactly like the boys ... they're leaning towards an almost electronic style with the new album, i think, so i don't know how you'd go about duplicating any of that stuff :( although "creation" rips and the E.P era stuff rips !!!!