Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looking for a bass instructor in Massachusetts

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by badsneakers, Jul 18, 2005.

1. badsneakers

badsneakers

May 31, 2004
    I posted this here thinking someone here has to be or know of a good teacher in my area. I'm in Beverly, MA

A little about my self. I'm 26 and got my first bass when I was 15 and took lessons for a couple of months and quit. I didn't really start to play my bass regularly until I was 18 when I started being in bands. I play in a band now, we've been together for 4 years, have a couple of CDs and gig regularly and I think of myself as an alright bass player in the context of this band.. I've tried lessons a few times over the past 4 years but nothing clicked.

I really want to improve my playing and knowledge of the instrument. I can't read a bit of notation and barely know the names of the notes on the fret board. I have no idea about theory or really anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Hey Badsneakers,

I'm also 26 and picked up my bass again after years of non-use....I've been taking lessons on the South Shore for 6 months now and I love my instructor Paul....he's the man! I will ask him tonight if he knows anyone in the Beverly area that is good. I'll get back to you tomorrow. Good luck with it and have fun....I'm having a blast learning the instrument!! :bassist:

3. badsneakers

badsneakers

May 31, 2004
    Thanks xsogol!!

I should mention I'm a rock bassist but do have an interest in jazz and I don't mind a commute of around 30min.

4. badsneakers

badsneakers

May 31, 2004
    :bassist:

5. adisu

adisu I admit it, I'm a "user"

Apr 8, 2005
    Israel
    As for the fretboard there's a nice software that help bass player and guitar players to memorize the notes place all over the fretboard ,look in HERE

If you can put your hands on a copy of this software I'm sure
    you'll be able to learn the fretboard easily in just a few weeks. (depends on the time you invest).

Adisu.

6. badsneakers

badsneakers

May 31, 2004
    thanks, I'll check it out

7. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Hey, I teach and I'm in MA :-D PM me if your'e interested.