Looking for a bass instructor in Massachusetts

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by badsneakers, Jul 18, 2005.

1. badsneakers

May 31, 2004
    I posted this here thinking someone here has to be or know of a good teacher in my area. I'm in Beverly, MA

A little about my self. I'm 26 and got my first bass when I was 15 and took lessons for a couple of months and quit. I didn't really start to play my bass regularly until I was 18 when I started being in bands. I play in a band now, we've been together for 4 years, have a couple of CDs and gig regularly and I think of myself as an alright bass player in the context of this band.. I've tried lessons a few times over the past 4 years but nothing clicked.

I really want to improve my playing and knowledge of the instrument. I can't read a bit of notation and barely know the names of the notes on the fret board. I have no idea about theory or really anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Hey Badsneakers,

I'm also 26 and picked up my bass again after years of non-use....I've been taking lessons on the South Shore for 6 months now and I love my instructor Paul....he's the man! I will ask him tonight if he knows anyone in the Beverly area that is good. I'll get back to you tomorrow. Good luck with it and have fun....I'm having a blast learning the instrument!! :bassist:
  3. badsneakers

May 31, 2004
    Thanks xsogol!!

I should mention I'm a rock bassist but do have an interest in jazz and I don't mind a commute of around 30min.
  4. adisu

adisu I admit it, I'm a "user"

Apr 8, 2005
    As for the fretboard there's a nice software that help bass player and guitar players to memorize the notes place all over the fretboard ,look in HERE

If you can put your hands on a copy of this software I'm sure
    you'll be able to learn the fretboard easily in just a few weeks. (depends on the time you invest).

5. badsneakers

May 31, 2004
    thanks, I'll check it out
  6. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Hey, I teach and I'm in MA :-D PM me if your'e interested.