Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looking for a Bow Quiver

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by PaulCannon, Jul 23, 2005.

1. I recently saw a bassist with a very interesting bow quiver, and I'm considering a purchase. My only problem is I can't seem to find it anywhere online.

It's a larger looking one, well strapped in. It has a seemingly furry interior and a pocket w/zipper on the outside of it, as well as a pencil holder.

Anyone seen it?

2. Chrix

Chrix

Apr 9, 2004
    Brooklyn
    [​IMG]

Sorry I don't have a better picture of the quiver itself. I'll make sure to get one on here. Steve Reinfranck, out of Chicago, makes these (actually, he takes left-handed archery quivers and converts them into bass quivers). I personally like it a lot. It's a bit bulkyer...bulkier...however you spell it, But the pocket is nice and has a place to put a pencil if you tend to forget to take one to rehearsal. If you want his info to get one, PM me and I'll get it to you.

3. It's a little hard to tell from the picture, but I think that's the one. Does he have a website?

4. Chrix

Chrix

Apr 9, 2004
    Brooklyn
  5. Nos

Nos

Jul 23, 2005
  6. DITTO.

7. Pcocobass

Pcocobass

Jun 16, 2005
    New York
    Yes, it's really a work of art.

8. Most DB web sites are just plain SAD I have a friend who's also looking for a bow quiver so, sounded like the one made by David Gage's guy might be the best.
    Went to the search function on his site and under quivers, everything, mainly real bow and arrow quivers came up.
    Any of you guys know of a way to see a picture and price on one of these suckers?

9. I don't recall the cost; maybe $90 4 years ago.
    Each is hand tooled and unique. Different colors. They have a spring steel loop at the top, enclosed in the leather, which keeps the opening perfectly spread to accept the bow at all times.
    They're gorgeous.

10. Eric_J

Eric_J Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Flower Mound, TX. USA
    I saw that Bob had Leather Quivers for $42 + shipping on his site.

11. littlekatie

littlekatie

Jul 14, 2004
    London, UK
    i bought a leather quiver from Healey Violins (UK) for about £42, and since then i cannot live without it!!!
    However, my friend from orchestra went away to a residential bass masterclass and was told to take her quiver off because it ''reduced the sound by 10%''!

Any ideas on whether this is just 'too much art', factual,or completely untrue? i must admit i am slightly skeptical, i have not really noticed any difference in my sound....

any of you guys lost 10% of your sound somewhere recently??
    :eyebrow:

12. Sounds to me like some people are being sooooo precious, now that they're in a master class.
    Sound reduction? Well, the argument could be made, proving it is another story. "10%"? Bull$hit

13. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    If you can find a 150-year-old, hand-stitched, Italian leather quiver (with documentation of authenticity of course) you'll experience a sound loss of only roughly 8.3 percent.