1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for a budget bass amp for home/ practice use

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ThisIsCourierSix, Apr 19, 2015.

1. ThisIsCourierSix

ThisIsCourierSix

Apr 19, 2015
    Hello there, I recently started playing the bass guitar around 2 months ago and one of my friends was nice enough to loan me an old 10w squier guitar amp to play through until i get an adequate one. Obviously it isn't made for basses and now the time has come for me to get a more appropriate model. I am looking for something around 150-200$ and 40 watts for home used and practice with a guitar player. I have looked at the fender rumble which looks promising based on the reviews, although I tested it at the guitar center and i am not sure if i just didn't set it up right but the sound didn't sound very clear on some of the basses. I have heard that some ampeg bass amps are a better choice like the Ampeg BA110V2. I would probably get the rumble used because it is around 150 with a 1 year warranty. Any input would be appreciated, thank you.

- My bass is a Peavey Milestone (Old Model can't find it online) I picked up at a pawnshop

2. ThisIsCourierSix

ThisIsCourierSix

Apr 19, 2015
    Anyone?

3. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    Used is 100% right. Much more b-f-t-b. Where r u? Any CL possibilities?

4. Clap Trap

Clap Trap

Jan 27, 2015
    Israel
    Rumble will be good or you can check GK MB Combo series, MB212 would be a great choice but if you can push some more money you can go with a little stack set up , head+2x112 cabs and you can go with this set up for years , using head+1 cab for practice/rehearsals and 2 cabs for gigging , a great choice also budget friendly would be EBS Reidmar+2 CL112 cabs, there are bundles of EBS Reidmar+1x112CL cab and you can add the second cab later on, any little stack will work for all types of music and it will sound great, another budget set up would be a GK MB200 head+2x Eden EX112 cabs
    Good luck ;)

5. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    Yeah, could work well. But not for $150-200, unfortunately.

OP, you should probably be able to find a 15" combo for that. I'm near Chicago & there are 2, 100 watt, BA115s available. Both in excellent shape.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  6. Linnin

Linnin SUSPENDED

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Pick up a good used Fender Rumble 150 combo, and that'll do you proud. They're running in the $200 range. Check out the used Rumble listings on Guitar Center. There's this new Version 3 Fender Rumble 100 1x12 combo for $200 Fender Used Fender 2014 RUMBLE V3 100 WATT 1X12 Black And Silver Bass Combo Amp | GuitarCenter

The good thing about buying used from GC is their return policy if something is wrong. In a private local cash-and-carry transaction it's yours no matter what as all sales are final. Buyer Beware.

7. Linnin

Linnin SUSPENDED

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    mmbongo likes this.
  8. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I had a BA110 V1 for a few years that was my very small gig amp until I got a BA112 v2. Nice little amp. New one sounds the same but with 5 more watts, overdrive, and tilt-back. Won't say not to get the Rumble but would recommend you give the BA110 a shot. Actually, I'd recommend you try everything in your price range you can find. We can give our opinions, but you're the one who has to live with it.