1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Looking for a cart to haul my gear at gigs, what should I get?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by straightblues, Mar 22, 2013.

1. straightblues

straightblues

Mar 5, 2013
    Need a cart to haul my gear from my car to the gig. I usually take two guitars, a pedal boards, a guitar amp, a pa, two main speakers, two monitors, mics and mic stands. I would like to do it all in one trip if possible.

I want something good that is up to the task without breaking down. I want whatever I buy to last me many years of gigging a few nights each week. I don't want to spend more than I have to, but I certainly don't want to buy it twice if you know what I mean.

I have been looking at the Rock N Roller stuff. They have several models and if I buy one, which model should I get? What has been your experience with them? Who else besides them are making good gigging multi carts?

2. BassMom88

BassMom88

Oct 17, 2011
  3. straightblues

straightblues

Mar 5, 2013
    The Gruv Gear stuff looks nice but it is expensive. About $350 with the extension. That seems like too much to spend to me. The Rock N Roller R10RT will do the same stuff for $169.

4. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    LOL. I can't imagine any cart that can handle an entire PA rig and guitar rig in one trip.

5. straightblues

straightblues

Mar 5, 2013
    Yeah, I might be optimistic, but I hate to leave gear unattended while going back to get a second load.

6. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    1) Leave in car.

2) Lock car.

;)

7. straightblues

straightblues

Mar 5, 2013
    Obviously you are playing in better areas than I am. I play blues and we play in some very rough areas of Los Angeles where stuff gets stolen if it is left in cars, locked or not.:ninja:

Also I play some places where the closest drop off place is a city block or so from the venue.

8. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

Then what you need is more like a wheel trailer. Attach it to the car and move it manually when you need to.
    4-Wheel-Trailer-DFA-2B-.

9. Snakeman1066

Snakeman1066 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Central Valley
    [​IMG]

$170.00

58" deck holds about 1,000 pounds

handles fold down

10. pflash4001

pflash4001

Dec 2, 2011
    Get a bandmate to hang back at the car while a load goes in then switch out for the next trip. You aren't getting all that thru the door in one trip, man....

11. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    What brand is that, Snakeman? Looks pretty nice!

12. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Anyone with the last name Ver magnusson;)

13. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    The Gruv Gear cart has some options that the Rock n' Roller doesn't- I picked the Gruv Gear one over it because of it and love mine (you can get them cheaper using Musician's Friend coupon codes, etc.). The one thing to keep in mind is that no cart is ideal if you have to do a lot of stairs- an unfortunately common issue around here.

14. straightblues

straightblues

Mar 5, 2013
    I don't have a lot of stairs but I frequently have long distances and grass to deal with.

15. Slowgypsy

Slowgypsy 4 Fretless Strings

Dec 12, 2006
    NY & MA
    I've got a Rock N Roller cart. Love it. Folds up nice and small. Lightweight. Has taken a ton of abuse and use and still works like new. I never leave home without it. If you're going over anything other than pavement, you definitely want the larger semi-pneumatic wheels.

16. datsaxguy

datsaxguy

Oct 28, 2008
    Maryland
    All stairs stink, but the bigger the wheels on the kart the easier the stairs are. I just used a kart with inflatable tires the other day, nice.

17. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
  18. Testing123

Testing123 Eschew obfuscation

Jan 21, 2006
    Orange County, CA