1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Looking for a cheap used rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by VictorLeMonteWooten, Jan 27, 2001.

1. VictorLeMonteWooten

VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    i'm looking into getting a used stack. I'm thinking of a Peavey 1820 cab (1 18", 2 10") because its cheap and powerful, but that leaves me 250 bucks for a head. I'm looking for 200-250 watts of power (rated at 8 ohlms, something that could handle the peavey). I kind of gave up looking for leslies (too rare). I've been searching through classified ads and bassgear.com and ebay and bassnw. I saw the peavey for $250 at bassnw, so i may go for it. I was looking for those bag end's with a 18, 10, and a tweeter, but that is probably too much plus i've never seen one. I may go for a gk head (i'll pick gk over carvin anyday). I don't really want a combo because they are not as versatile as cabs and heads separate. Have any advice?

2. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    I traded up my GK rig for Carvin. :) I see GK RCB 400s selling on ebay all the time for around $200. You should have no problem if you want to go that way.

3. Or you could save another $100 dollars and get a used 600 RB for about $350-400 on Ebay.

4. VictorLeMonteWooten

VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    the problem with ebay is that you have to pay $50 shipping for a bass head.

5. VictorLeMonteWooten

VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    i am also looking into workingman 300s. I don't know why they were "upgraded" to a workingman 4004, i prefere a workingman 300. I think the ability to have a 4 ohlm and a 8 ohlm load very useful.