Looking for a cheap used rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by VictorLeMonteWooten, Jan 27, 2001.

1. VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    i'm looking into getting a used stack. I'm thinking of a Peavey 1820 cab (1 18", 2 10") because its cheap and powerful, but that leaves me 250 bucks for a head. I'm looking for 200-250 watts of power (rated at 8 ohlms, something that could handle the peavey). I kind of gave up looking for leslies (too rare). I've been searching through classified ads and bassgear.com and ebay and bassnw. I saw the peavey for $250 at bassnw, so i may go for it. I was looking for those bag end's with a 18, 10, and a tweeter, but that is probably too much plus i've never seen one. I may go for a gk head (i'll pick gk over carvin anyday). I don't really want a combo because they are not as versatile as cabs and heads separate. Have any advice?
  2. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    I traded up my GK rig for Carvin. :) I see GK RCB 400s selling on ebay all the time for around $200. You should have no problem if you want to go that way.
  3. Or you could save another $100 dollars and get a used 600 RB for about $350-400 on Ebay.
  4. VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    the problem with ebay is that you have to pay $50 shipping for a bass head.
  5. VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    i am also looking into workingman 300s. I don't know why they were "upgraded" to a workingman 4004, i prefere a workingman 300. I think the ability to have a 4 ohlm and a 8 ohlm load very useful.