Looking for a combo for my Tacoma

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassAxe, Sep 28, 2002.

1. BassAxe

Jul 22, 2002
    Culpeper, VA
    I'm looking for a Trace Elliot TAB 100-15.

It's supposed to be aimed at the acoustic bass segment.

I want it for my Tacoma but before I waste my time searching one out, I want to know how much I can expect it to cost me.

The same goes for any other combos made for acoustic bass. Anyone out there have any good finds?

By the way, I was checking out a couple acoustic bass guitars yesterday. They were an Applause and whatever brand name is the higher end, you know... Squire is to Fender what Applause is to _____. I can't recall the brand name.
    Before the guy in the shop pulled it down from the wall, I said, "I just want to see how it compares to my Tacoma." He stopped, left the bass up there and said "Tacoma's the best. Don't bother. What else would you be interested in today?"

Just thought I'd share.
  2. BassAxe

Jul 22, 2002
    Culpeper, VA
    Are you sure??? It had only one big sound hole in the middle instead of all of those little ones to the sides near the neck.

Surely Ovation makes/made acoustic bass guitars other than the one I saw. I asked to try it anyway and it just didn't sound all that great. Maybe I was mistaken or misinformed. Maybe I tried the Applause by mistake.
  3. moweezil

Dec 2, 2001
    I'm pretty sure that Ovation makes Applause. The small holes that you are refering to don't always come on Ovations, just on special editions and whatnot.

Maybe someone with a little more knowledge on the subject will shed some light on this issue...