Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looking for a compact Bass Cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Impulse, May 2, 2000.

1. Impulse

Impulse

Apr 21, 2000
    I'm currently running my Warwick through my Ampeg SVT3 to my Ampeg 808he. Due to limited space in my house, and my one year old smashing his pancakes into the grill, I'd like to get a small cabinet that I can get off the floor. Has anyone used a workingman's 1x10t?
    Thanks

2. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I bought one 2 months ago and run it using the 100 watt (into 8 ohm) section of my GK800. So, I'm getting the full 100 watts out the speaker.

I use it for practice at home. Used it once at a gig with a four piece top 40 band. Great tone for both settings, and the sound was punchy. Surprisingly great low end.

I usually use a 60 lb Eden 2-10T, so this is really light weight compared to what I usually have to lift.

3. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Impulse:
    I'm currently running my Warwick through my Ampeg SVT3 to my Ampeg 808he. Due to limited space in my house, and my one year old smashing his pancakes into the grill, I'd like to get a small cabinet that I can get off the floor. Has anyone used a workingman's 1x10t?
    Thanks

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bought one recently - very impressed with the sound for its size; it's heavier than the G & K MB-150 (as well as being less than half the price!), but let's hope it's more reliable (oops! - see threads passim...). It seems to be very well made.

- Wil

PS: if you want to read my G & K story, e-mail me rather than waste band-width here...

4. I was looking to buy an Ampeg 808HE. How do they sound? I was considering the Ampeg or the SWR Henry the 8x8. Did you ever compare the two?

5. Nightbass

Nightbass

May 1, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    How about a Bag End S-15D? It's 18" x 18" x 15", weighs 42 lbs., and will be a great match for your SVT3-Pro. New $400, used $300.

And it is definitely toddler-proof. :)

Nightbass

6. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    I vote for the Bag End too - awesome cab!!!!

7. Deep Rumble

Deep Rumble

Aug 24, 2001
    Olympia WA
    You might consider the Carvin combos and cabs. The Redline 2x10 ( also has a horn ) has an incredible sound and great price. I think that they are probably one of the most underrated amps and cab around IMHO. Check them out @ Carvin.com

8. The w-man 10 is the only single 10 that I ever respected...The nice thing is you can add another cube if needed.....They are sooooo cute......:D

Honestly though, I think the little buggers rock!!!