Looking for a computerprogram..

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Vorago, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    This is the situation; I have a Venetian Snares DJ set (Wrong Robot, this is for you ;) )that I want to put on cd, problem is that this set is 112 minutes long, and I can only put 78 minutes of audio on the CD-R's I have.

I want to cut up the file into two parts (one of 78 minutes, one of 32 minutes, obviously) and I'm looking for a free program (JMX? :D) that can do this.

Can anyone help me?

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    You can cut it with any audio editor, probably even the one in a burn program like Nero (possibly even with track indices).

Or use Kristal for cutting, it's free.

3. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Could you tell me how to cut with Kristal? I don't have a clue..
  4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    We are getting to the point where we need a "Software Suggestion Forum" moderated by JMX. :D

5. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Audacity is a freeware audio app also. pretty simple interface. I'd just select the 78 minutes of audio and cut it (leaving the 32 minutes in the original file, Save that as a new name (like Track 02.wav) then start a new file and paste what was cut into it so you would then have a 78 minute file, save that with a new name (like Track 02.wav) then use your burning software to burn them to audio CDs.

If you're just looking to send them to someone why not just encode them to MP3, AAC, FLAC, SHN, or APE and see if that will fit on a data CD (I know MP3 and AAC will, not sure about FLAC, SHN, or APE) or if you have the thing as a 112 minute wave file just burn that to a data DVD and send it to him.
  6. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I've managed, thanks for the replies.