Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looking for a decent analog flanger

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by suicas, Sep 26, 2004.

1. suicas

suicas

Mar 12, 2004
    UK
    Been after a decent analog flanger for a while now, but have pretty much hated every digital one I've tried.

I'd very much like a Lovetone ? to try out, but after losing my 4th ebay auction trying to buy one, I may have to admit defeat and look for something else...

So, the Lovetone ? and anything digital aside, what would you guys recommend?

--
    Dave

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Fulltone Choralflange

3. suicas

suicas

Mar 12, 2004
    UK
    Will definitely look into it.. What makes you prefer it to other flangers? Got any sound clips of this on bass?

Most reviews I've seen of this place emphasis on the chorus side of things rather than the flanging, but I'll carry on looking..

4. I'm really fond of the MXR Flanger, and the Boss BF-2 is actually a really good pedal.

5. suicas

suicas

Mar 12, 2004
    UK
    Thanks, I'll look into the MXR. Has it been re-issued, or is the vintage one the only one around (can't find a flanger on the MXR web pages)?

I'm still a bit wary of anything by Boss I'm afraid, I've yet to try one of their effects that I liked on bass. Was more than happy with them on guitar though :)

6. edit - looks like the image cannot be hotlinked. It used to be a really cool picture of the MXR Flanger.

It doesn't look like they make it right now. The original came out in the '60's, but it was made up until last year, I think.

7. suicas

suicas

Mar 12, 2004
    UK
    Ah well. Liking the look and sound of the Choralflange so far, but I'll keep looking for a while first...
    (and definitely *not* killing time until another Lovetone ? comes up on ebay :) )

8. suicas

suicas

Mar 12, 2004
    UK