Looking for a decent tuner.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jiant., Jan 30, 2005.

1. jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    Right now I'm looking at the Sabine RT-7000 model pretty seriously. It's being sold by a fellow TB'er and is in great condition. I just want your thoughts on this model. I searched this and found a lot of people saying that pedal tuners are better, but I use a wireless system, so I don't exactly know how that would work out for me. Anyway, talk about this, or any other rack tuner you would suggest.(except peterson, too much for my needs, I'm looking to spend >$100) Thanks and God bless! -Brad
  2. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    I've had an RT-7000 for over a year now. It works great and is easy to read from a distance, in dark rooms, or on stage. It is very light, too, so there won't be much more weight added to your rack.
  3. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i dig my boss tu-2 (which is a stomp box)
    i tried the korg rackmount tuners and found them hyper-accurate
    no matter how softly i plucked or picked a string i had issues with the korgs going sharp and then flat.
  4. If you really want the most accurate, you want a Peterson. It may take a minute to learn to work with a strobe tuner (or virtual strobe), but it is worth it. The StroboStomp is their virtual strobe in a pedal form, and also functions as a DI unit (a few hours off a 9V battery or use a decent regulated wall wart for the 9V source). My amp has a Sabine built in (I use an iAMP 800), but I still prefer to use the Peterson. I find it tracks faster as well as being able to tune much more precisely. They do cost more, you could pick up a pair of TU-2 pedals for the price of a StroboStomp, but I think it is worth it. (and no, I'm not paid to hype them)
  5. AlembicPlayer

AlembicPlayer Im not wearing shorts

Aug 15, 2004
    Pacific Northwet, USA