1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for a foot pedal metronome. Do they even exist?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mattplaysdabass, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Hi, I've recently purchased a TC Electronic Ditto x2 and I've been using a metronome to play with the pedal more accurately. After a few google searches I've come across a few pedals like the boss Dr Beat metronome where you can attach a foot pedal for tap tempos. But what I would really want is a foot pedal to go on my pedalboard where I can tap a tempo with my foot and have the light flash to help make sure my loops stay in time at gigs.
    Does anyone know if one exists, or if not, how can I make one?

Australian Bass Player

2. Amplified

Amplified

Jan 19, 2014
    Cyberspace
    BeatBuddy?

mattplaysdabass likes this.
  3. Thanks, I'll look it up.

Australian Bass Player

4. Amplified

Amplified

Jan 19, 2014
    Cyberspace
    Boss DB-90 Dr Beat Metronome Bundle with Footswitch?

5. That's a lot of money for a flashing LED. The dr beat is what I'm after but in a single foot switch that I can tap and make an LED flash in time.

Australian Bass Player

6. Even the beat buddy needs another pedal to do tap tempo.

Australian Bass Player

7. I tried to talk them into putting buttons on the pedal but they declined.

You might look into the beatbuddy thread for more on midi looping and sync'ing, seems like what you're driving at manually. A better looper might be what you need.

8. Some loopers have more features but I haven't come across one so far that sounds better. I wish I had the electronic skills to create a simple LED pedal. I couldn't imaging it would be a very difficult circuit.

Australian Bass Player

9. gleneg61

gleneg61

Jan 10, 2008
    Osaka Japan
    Zoom B1ON or B1XON with expression pedal does a 30 sec loop n has a drum machine/metronome u can use simultaneously. Cheap as chips 4 what it does n what u get but look into it 1st 2 c if it suits.

10. I've found a guy who lives close by who makes pedals. He's making one for me :)

Inara likes this.
  11. Funky Pete

Funky Pete

Jul 30, 2019
    Hi, don't know if this kind of thing is what you had in mind?

metronomestompbox.weebly.com

mattbass6945 likes this.
  12. Genius!

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 3, 2020