Looking for a good bass teacher in Milwaukee

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by vegaas, Aug 21, 2002.

1. vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.
  2. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Now I need a good bass teacher in Milwaukee.

I was googling all over the place, and it lead me right back to TB. Well - this isn't looking good, considering you posted this nearly three years ago, and got zero replies...

Did you ever find anyone??

Well either way, maybe we should get together sometime, (hey-dare-don'cha know) - being fellow Milwaukeans and all.

...Dang - I just looked up your itinerary, and wish I could be at your Carrol College gig this saturday, but I'll be gigging too at a little tavern near West Bend (JT's). I'm with 'The Mole Patrol' (they out-voted me on the name - I wanted to be called "Moonmobile"); we're a 'classic rock power trio' of sorts. We have a fairly nice little rehearsal and recording studio up in West Bend. We have a page on MilwaukeeRocks.com -
    -with three demo tunes that we made ourselves about a half a year ago (at our gig last Saturday, we had someone come in who'd never been at the club before, but came out because of hearing our demos on Milrocks!).

Anyway, I hope I get a chance to meet you soon. It's not a bad idea for us Bassists (especially TB-ers!) to network some, don't you think?

Back to the topic: Doesn't anyone know of any good bass teachers in the Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA area?!

Any other TB'ers in the Milwaukee area besides us and The Golden Boy?

Seeya -

3. btrag

Mar 7, 2005
    Well fellow Milwaukee bassists, I know of one guy. His name is Rick Holmes, and he is an uber-bassist that coordinates the blues jams around town. Very nice guy, but, unfortunately, does not give lessons anymore. Another name is Glen Perow, who is on the South Side of town. He is a jazz guitarist only, but, can adapt jazz theory to bass.

We bassists should definitely network. The only bassists I know around town are those I see at the open jams.
  4. 1958Bassman

Oct 20, 2007
    I have been looking around for a teacher, too- the one I had for guitar is great for theory but I'll have to talk to him about this. One of his former bass students is Gary Foote, who went on to play with BS&T for quite a while, so....

The WI Conservatory of Music has three bass teachers and two play electric, one seems to only teach upright and one of the two electric bassists plays upright, too (he's the bass player on the Michael Feldman show 'What Do You Know', on WHAD, Saturday mornings. I have seen him play several times and he is very good.

Next time I see Rick, I'll ask if he's teaching again- he's one of the people I had been planning to call. Maybe I can use the fact that we grew up together to persuade him.