1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Looking for a good practice amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by skyking, Jul 11, 2004.

1. skyking

skyking

Jul 11, 2004
    Montana
    I am looking for a practice amp that is easy on the wallet. i am thinking about 30 watts of power but would settle for less. I would like to keep the price under $150 but might go up to $200. do you have any suggestions? I greatly appreciate all help, thanks.

2. I wouldn't go for a specific model in your case. I would patiently scan the pawn shops until something good comes along. At that price range you can get a good deal this way. I recently picked up a Traynor Bloc100K for $80 this way. It's a 100watt 3 channel keyboard combo with a 15" driver and a horn. Fantastic on bass!

3. Kurisu

Kurisu

Nov 19, 2003
    Saskatoon SK
    If you want a Yorkville (Traynor) 250 watt combo ( Bloc 250B ) with a 15" driver that's made for bass, I have one for sale. It's heavy though, so shipping may be expensive.

4. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
    How about a <a href="http://www.cafewalter.com/ha1/index.htm">Cafe Walter</a> headphone amp? :)

5. skyking

skyking

Jul 11, 2004
    Montana
    i thought about it but i want something that i can pack around to small jams and stuff o f the sort.

6. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Peavey Minx 110. 35 watts, under $200 and good for low volume gigs.

Oh yeah, they're bulletproof too.