1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for a good teacher in the Hampton Roads VA area

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by calgone47, Sep 6, 2008.

1. calgone47

calgone47 Supporting Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Hampton, VA
    Hello!

I'm fairly new to the bass (< 2 years) and have come to the realization that I have completely misprioritized my learning. I should have a much better grasp on bass/music concepts than I do at this point. This is extremely frustrating to me because I know I have nobody to blame except for myself. The thing is, no matter what, I just can't give bass up! I've tried a few times but I never can go more than a day or 2 without picking my bass back up.

I guess what I'm getting to is that I want to get more serious with this art! I constantly make up bass lines in my head and want to be able to express myself on this instrument. So I've decided it's time to find a good instructor. Now I've tried the instructor search function here and had no luck with it, so please don't jump on me about that!

If anyone has any advice or information about a quality instructor near the Hampton/Newport News ( or VA Beach/Norfolk) area, please let me know! It would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks a ton!
    Peace :bassist:

2. calgone47

calgone47 Supporting Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Hampton, VA
    Nobody?

3. CerealKiller

CerealKiller

Jul 29, 2008
    Norfolk, VA