1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Looking for A Group in the SoCal Inland Empire

Discussion in 'Wanted: Bass Players' started by David88, Mar 10, 2018.

1. David88

David88

Sep 27, 2017
    I recently acquired an upright bass and I am looking for a group of musicians to practice/play with. I have been playing upright for only a few months, and electric intermittently for the last 10 or so years. I'm not a professional by any means, and this isn't my day job. I'm mostly self taught.

That said, I'm looking for a group that plays jazz, swing, or anything that works on an upright. I used to play in jazz bands in high school and like the feeling of playing in a group. While I am not overly experienced on the upright, I am a quick learner, so I'm interested in playing with relatively experienced musicians that can impart some wisdom.

If anyone is aware of groups or organizations in the Southern California Inland Empire area, I would greatly appreciate the direction.

2. If you're interested in bluegrass, checkout Southwest Bluegrass Association. There are a few weekly bluegrass jams in the San Bernardino vallley and nearby communities. Feel free to PM me here in TB if you'd like more information.