Looking for a kickin' lightweight bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Infamous_MB, Jan 11, 2003.

1. Infamous_MB

Dec 11, 2002
    I am looking for an awesome sounding, high quality bass, but lightweight at the same time. I jump around a lot on stage and would like my shoulder and neck to be intact when I turn 30. Any suggestions for what would be good? I've heard the Ibanez Soundgear 300DX is fairly decent and light (is made of agothis).
  2. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Conklin Groove Tools also are nice and reasonable too.
  3. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    You might want to pick up a Comfort Strapp. They're a bit pricey at $30-40, but the 3" wide/one-third inch thick neoprene padding does wonders for anyone with neck, shoulder or back problems.

If you don't take my word for it, try a search and see what the results tell you. ;)

As for basses themselves, since you said "awesome sounding, high quality" I'll direct you to Pedulla - just don't come whining to me when you see the sticker price. :eek:
  4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Lightweight you say?

...and the Comfort Strapp is a good idea as well.
  5. Infamous_MB

Dec 11, 2002
    Thanks for all the info guys. I will look into those.
  6. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    U used to play a MIJ Fender Precision "Lyte". I swear the gig bag weighed more than the bass did. It was Japanese, had actiive pickups and I really liked it. To whoever stole it, BURN IN HELL U BASTARD!!!!!!!!

(HD's edit - substituted "MIJ" for another term considered to be a slur...)
  7. TrickDog

TrickDog Gold Supporting Member

Jun 30, 2002
    Colorado Springs, CO
  8. Wengehead

Aug 27, 2002
    Peavey Cirrus. My maple Cirrus 6 is so light and so well-balanced that I can hold it with one finger under the upper strap pin.