Looking for a large selection of G&L Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Slaphound, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Slaphound

Slaphound Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2003
    Staten Island, NY
    Im fantasizing about flying out to southern California and walking into a bass shop with dozens of 'G&L gear. Like a hundred basses in all sorts of colors, styles and options.

In my fantasy, I've got a plane ticket to anywhere USA to find a shop like this. Does anyone know if a place like this exists? I definitely do not wish to go to a place with only a half a dozen basses and have to pick from there.

I figure California for two reasons.
    One: its the source.
    Two: I bought my last L2000 from 'Jims Music' in southern California and I really would love to fly out to Jims and find another bass. He was tremendous when I bought from him. Price and customer satisfaction. So Naturally, I'd love to purchase from him again. But I don't know his stock.

2. Slaphound

Jun 16, 2003
    Staten Island, NY
    On second thought, I'll drive.

3. M.R. Ogle

M.R. Ogle Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 5, 2004
    Mount Vernon, Illinois
    Backstage Guitar Lab owner
    Jims in Irvine, or maybe Buffalo Brothers, down south a bit, like Carlsbad or Oceanside as I recall.

4. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Call G&L customer service and ask them who their largest dealers are.

5. fretno

fretno Supporting Member

May 10, 2009
    Los Angeles
    when you find it let me know ! :D If I were to order one today it would be with Rocket Music , Greg gets all the best axes .

Rocket Music - TalkBass Forums

6. Slaphound

Jun 16, 2003
    Staten Island, NY
    Fretno,

I see that Greg gets some nice stuff. And if I did not have Jims Music to order from, I'd likely order from greg. But I want a selection to chose from. Custom ordered basses are not always what you expect and that can be very dissapointing. Hence seeing the instrument to buy.

M.R. Ogle. Jims is now in Tustin and has moved from Irvine.

7. Joebone

Joebone Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2005
    California Republic
    What he said.

8. Slaphound

Jun 16, 2003
    Staten Island, NY
    Yep.

/|\
    \|/

9. PDGood

PDGood

Sep 19, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    Very smart.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021