Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

looking for a little advise

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Notthatdalyguy, Apr 18, 2001.

1. im thinking of buying a fender 5 string jazz bass and i was wondering if there is any other kind of bass with the same quality or better that is ant the same price give or take a little the price i have found is $400 if so wat brand model and price

2. bu4bb2ler0

bu4bb2ler0

Apr 18, 2001
    Hamilton NY
    I play an Ibanez edc705 ergodyne...I must say the tonal quality of it is amazing, its extremely light weight(great for long gigs), and its playability is a dream. the only prob is its around $700.00 But really worth the money.

3. A lot of people like Cort Curbows. I've seen a 4 go for $380. They're really light, like the ergodynes, and they're made of the same luthite stuff.

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I's have to vote (for that price range) for and Ibanez BTB405QM...amazing basses, for about 500ish...very well worth it.

5. Id say stay with fender mexican stuff, great quality, and very upgradeable. Just play a lot of them, there are some real gems out there.