1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for a low hanging Gig bag

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by dave_bass5, Nov 28, 2006.

1. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    Im sorry if this is in the wrong forum, thought it might be better in with people who own Bass's.
    I currently use a Levy's bag, it came free with my HW1 Jazz and i really like the way it sits low over my shoulder. it only just peaks above my head when i have it on. but its very thin so im looking to get a better bag (i have a Ritter that i dont use) that doesn't make me look 8ft tall and keep getting knocked on door ways
    Any ideas? its to fit a Lakland 55-01 but thats smaller than a Jazz so i dont think fit is an issue.

Thanks

2. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

Well, I can tell you what not to get.

I have an old Smith gig bag that sits WAY above my head. I've hit every doorway I've passed under with that bag.

I also have an MTD bag. It's lower than the Smith but higher than a Levy's. The bag itself is great. Lots of storage and very heavy duty padding.

Like you, the best for height that I've had was a Levy's that came with my F Bass. I was just above my head. I don't remember the bag being that thin though; I thought it was very protective. Maybe Levy's makes different quality bags (or custom bags for bass companies).

LeonD

3. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    Leon
    The Levy's bag is only thin compared to say a Ritter bag. my bass normally travels to gigs on the parcel shelf of my drummers car. we sort of cram it in.
    After two years of using it i just fancy something a bit more hard wearing really but most straps seem to only cover the back of the body of the bags rather than go up the neck.
    I've seen a Warwick Casket Deluxe Line Bass Guitar Gig Bag that looks interesting. ill need to see one in the flesh but it looks like it has a strap going from the top to the end of the case.
    Could be the answer.

4. yeah I know what you mean my Fender Deluxe gig bag makes me look like a totem pole. So I am subscribing to this thread