Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looking for a luthier for repairs

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Im a sock, Nov 19, 2003.

1. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    I dont know how many people saw the thread about my strap button breaking off (http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=106502) and 3/4 on the broken screw still being inside my bass, but if someone knows of a luthier I could take this to for repairs I'd be grateful. I'm not going to trust the music shop guys on this one.

I'm in Albany NY by the way and I'm willing to drive an hour or two in any direction.

2. Bass Kahuna

Bass Kahuna

Dec 3, 2002
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    Luthier, Custom Builder
    It's a bit more than an hour drive, but Top Shelf Music in Buffalo is really good.

:^)~

3. FBB Custom

FBB Custom TalkBass Pro Commercial User

Jan 26, 2002
    Maryland
    Owner: FBB Bass Works
    You're not in Easton? If you were still there, I'd recommend Jack Read.

4. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    I'm in college in Albany, but I still visit Easton and I'll be there for a while at the end of Dec. beginning of Jan.

How can I get in touch with this guy?

EDIT: You don't happen to be one of the thousands of displaced Eastonites that ended up in Amherst, are you?

5. FBB Custom

FBB Custom TalkBass Pro Commercial User

Jan 26, 2002
    Maryland
    Owner: FBB Bass Works
  6. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Unfortunately Jack doesn't do repairs anymore. He told me that he's too busy with orders for the Bass Purity Tube Amp to take on any repairs. He's had to turn away a few people so far.

Unforunate :(

7. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    i have had to do this repair a couple of times. I recently did it on a $3000 les paul custom shop. If you were willing to ship, I could do it for you. PM me if you are interested. Good luck!

Trevis

8. BrowneBasses

BrowneBasses Bass Builder

Sep 4, 2003
    Sparrow Bush, NY
    I'm in Hopewell Junction NY, I'm right near poughkeepsie. I could do the repair for you if you'd like, you can send me a PM or email if your interested.

-Mike Browne