Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

looking for a mod!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by soundofphysics, Aug 31, 2000.

1. soundofphysics

soundofphysics

Jul 17, 2000
    i've heard some great things about modulus basses, but i can't find anyone that has one aroudn here, both small music stores and big. Does anybody have any idea where in teh new york and jersey area i could find one to try out.

JP

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i take it from joisy, you mean new jersey ? :D (originally from pa, so i'm not a complete stranger to "the talk")

what about going into newyawkcity? surely they've got something, like at manny's music, no?

if you're not totally adverse to a little road trip, the guys at the bass palace in scranton pa have some modulai ;)

i've dealt with bernie and bob before, cool guys, gave me an AWESOME deal on my aguilar db-680 preamp. good place to deal with, and they have a load of basses.

check out

http://www.basspalace.com

3. soundofphysics

soundofphysics

Jul 17, 2000
    lol, thankx man, i'm in the mood for a road trip, so i'll definitly give that place a try.

i'd drive to the ends of the earth for a good bass, lol

JP

4. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    THAT'S MY MAN! I went to Nashville (from Cleveland) for a good bass. Then I drove from Columbus to Cleveland and back to Columbus in one day for another good bass. If I don't find a Modulus dealer around when I have $2k in my pocket... I'm going to Seattle to visit Evan at Bass Northwest.

5. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Good! We need more Modulians here!

Hey Rojo, if you come up here...Tell me! They know me there! :)

6. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Will do. I'll be sure to tell you first, but don't hold your breath. I got to save my pennies, all 200,000 of them. I just need a penny jar as big as I am.