1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Looking for a Musicman Stingray neck

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mike62150, Apr 16, 2009.

1. mike62150

mike62150

Dec 14, 2006
    lille (France)
    Hello guys!

Does anyone know where can I find a Musicman Stingray neck? I do not really care about the price! I live in France and the after-sales service department is pretty lame... and a neck is nowhere to be found on ebay for example... ;)

Thanks a lot,

Mickaël. ;)

2. CElton

CElton I'm a new note finder...

You can only get MM replacement necks from EBMM and they will want you to send in your damaged or old neck before they send the replacement. Unless, you are lucky enough to find someone that is canabalizing a Sting Ray which is pretty rare.

Good luck...

3. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    If you want an official EBMM neck then you either have to send the old one back to them beforehand, or look for one on ebay.

There are a few companies that make aftermarket necks for StingRays, but I think all of them are made of graphite like Status and Moses.

4. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Being in Europe you should definitely contact Rob Green at Status Graphite (UK). It'll definitely change the vibe of your Ray a bit to go with a carbon fiber replacement, but his products are absolutely top-notch and staying within Europe might save you on shipping/import costs (purely speculation on my part).

5. ghostjs

ghostjs

Aug 14, 2008
    ghostjs
    Unofficially Endorsing: D'Addario, Lakland
    i wonder if i can stick a MM stingray neck on a sterling Ray34...

6. MingusBass

MingusBass Commercial User

Sep 27, 2004
    Fort Wayne,Indiana
    Sweetwater Sound-Sales
    Have you played a Ray34? If not, I'd suggest trying one out before you think about changing the neck. They should be very similar.