1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for a new 5-string electric

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Take5, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Take5

Take5

Oct 5, 2008
    Greetings…
    Help… I’m looking for advice… here’s my dilemma…
    I’m currently playing a Michael Kelly 5-string. It’s a very nice, but I would like to try my hand with an electric. Like most musician’s money is tight; and being a Lady, I’m abit concerned about weight (not mine, the Bass). So, with that said (no laughing now!), what you all suggest for under $250.00. I had been looking at a ‘Rogue LX205’ (Yes, I know… another 5-string… but I’ve gotten friendly with that B-string). Okay, not everyone all at once :)hyper:)… let’s hear it. In the meantime… Have a blessed day!

2. bass'n it

bass'n it

Oct 3, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Well all I can tell you is what I play.. and I love it....sounds great,feels good to hold at a gig or practice..and contours to your midsection nicely........... I play a Spector Performer 5 classic bass.Its a long scale bass,however the neck is so perfectly cut thats its easy to roam up and down the fretboard....simple controls(2 volume-2 tone) knobs. a plug-n-play type of bass....... for me?..its the best and very inexpensive.only thing is they discontinued this line.... so they will be getting hard to find soon.Go on spector's website or gearhounds website or even eBay or whatever to check out some if you want......Good luck!:eyebrow: