1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for a new bass. Any ideas?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by KSTDRTS, Jun 15, 2012.

1. KSTDRTS

KSTDRTS

Jun 10, 2012
    Hey guys, this is my first thread here so take it easy on me.
    I am looking for a new bass guitar. 5 string, mapple fingerboard. and mid-to-high budgett. Any suggestions?:bag:

2. Welcome to TB- there is a *new members/intro* section, but come on in here anyway. :)
    On a new bass- are you young/starting out? Get something different(from what you currently have). Older? Go w/what you've settled into. Also, can we get a more specific $ number for budget? Lastly, I ran into a lot of disappointment when going 5 for the 1st time- I tried hard to get a 5 that was *exactly like my 4* +1 string... IME, it didn't exist.
    Bottom line, and you'll likely hear this a few more times today- try a LOT of basses that fit your requirements & go w/the one you like best. Another mistake I've made in the past- & still sometimes do- don't decide you're buying a bass today; you may grab one that doesn't really *do it* but you walked out w/money in hand, intent on returning w/something.

3. Bradass

Bradass

Oct 17, 2011
    Tallahassee, FL
    What are you currently playing and what exactly is the budget? "Mid-to-high" budget can mean vastly different things to different people...

4. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    This

5. SRFSterling5

SRFSterling5

Sep 24, 2011
    Hawaii
    I've got a new Lakland Skyline 55-02 Deluxe on order. If you have a
    chance, check these basses out. These things have a very versatile
    range of tones available, 35" scale length, 22 frets. I had a Musicman