1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for a new bass.. maybe?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by aaronhutson, May 16, 2011.

1. Im considering getting a new bass. Theres nothing too bad with my others but im kinda wondering if its just time to get a nicer one. I like my Baretta 522s. And thought about putting some emgs in it. But I play all types of music. I mostly do death metal, hard rock, and praise and worship. So even though it is great for metal.. i kinda wonder if the reverse jackson headstock is a little much for praise and worship.

Price range is about 500 i think. And i dont mind used. Im just looking for now. But I gotta have something to save up for.

Im not big into the schectors or fenders. I would love a 5 string with bigger spacing. And the hotter and warmer the pickups, the better.

Let me know what you think!

2. seungkoo

seungkoo Banned

Nov 20, 2003
    MD
    ibanez btb

3. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    take this one to church with you, you might get a few looks :)
    P1010356.
    but for everything else? Jackson never made a reversehead for 5strings unless from the custom shop, and I've never seen one.
    I have a 422s reversehead, and if the 522s pickups are the same dualrails, you will have a tough time finding pickups that would fill the holes.

4. Death metal and praise and worship? Talking 'bout VERSATILITY, man!

5. dmot002

dmot002

Nov 12, 2010
    That little bit of devil in the headstock will get you all the chicks ..... :D

6. I took it to my buddy that does customs and does pickup installations and really anything that has to do with guitar or bass. He is the guitar "god" as some around here call it. But it has the dual rails that come stock in the 522s. And i was planning on throwing some emg humbuckers in there and he said they would fit perfect.

7. I know! But I dig it. Gotta switch it up and get good on all the levels. Ha.

8. Heres a link to some pics of the Baretta 522s. In case it didnt make sense what I was saying about it.

http://photobucket.com/aaronhutson

Sorry for the dirty on it. It was fresh out of a show when I took them.

9. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    ya i forgot it is 4" x 1.5 standard size. I only got confused because I forgot they used the same pickups for the 422+522, just a larger portion of the ends of the pickup not under a string which makes it look like a non-standard size.

IMAG0207.