Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looking for a new bass under 600

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by storm10, Oct 30, 2004.

1. Right now i have a Schecter c-4 and im lookin for another bass to add on the to collection. i play mainly jazz and im in a high school jazz band. im up to anything execpt fenders i dont like them at all. Used or new doesnt matter just throw out some names of any you think i might like. i can add new pickups also . Im sorta looking for a fretless but havent really played on one.

2. If you like neck-throughs, I'm pretty sure the schecter stilletto elite comes fretless, and could probably be found new for 6

3. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Yamaha BB404F. It's a lined fretless available for under $600. I haven't played this particular bass, but my housemate has a fretted Yamaha BB series fiver and it's a great-playing, great sounding bass with a neck profile I vastly prefer over, say, Ibanez. Good build quality too.

People on TalkBass who've played the BB404F say it's one of the best fretless basses available for the price...even when compared to more expensive fretless basses.

If this bass came in a 6-string version, I'd totally GAS for it.

4. Check out the Warwick Rockbass Corvette 4. It's available as fretted or fretless. :bassist:

Should be well within your budget, and sounds lovely.

I bought one about a month ago, and love it.

[​IMG]