Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looking For A New Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by ImAGoodDuck, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Hey everybody. Well I'm looking for a new upright bass. The Czech bass just keeps crapin out on me (long long story). But now I'm lookin for a new bass. I'm lookin for a professional axe. I'm wanting 3/4 but will maybe to to 7/8. Can some of you guys throw some names and some internet links my way? The sound and playability is everything! Thanks fellas.

2. Monte

Monte

Jan 9, 2001
    New Albany, MS
    It would help if you would put your location up.

My former bass is for sale by the sax player that bought it from me. Best bass you'll ever see for $6500. A 1930's gamba Juzek 5 string, currently a 4 but could be converted back by my luthier for < than $300, if that is your thing. Extremely healthy (never had a major crack). PM me if you are interested.

Monte

3. I have been very happy with the Bulgarian basses that Bob Gollihur sells on his website . www.gollihur.com/kkbass/basslink.html is his links page (a good site all-around)

The bass cost a little over $2000 plus the little bit to get it set up. It is fully carved and comes redy with good strings and may be what you arre looking for. If not, Gollihur has many links to compaines as well as a classifieds section.

All hail Bob Gollihur