Looking for a new bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rockman, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Rockman

Mar 2, 2006
    Alright, i am looking for a new bass for under 800 dollars that will last me for a while. Does anybody have a suggestion?
  2. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005

For 4 strings. Id say a highway 1 fender jazz, or a 60s classic fender jazz.

other than fender, maybe a musicman SUB?

You should really say more on what you want, pickups? body shape? stuff like that
  3. lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    I think a good general bass in that range is the G&L Premium Tribute line. Very close to a US models (same pups, bridge, electronics) usually for less than $600. The Premiums have an Ash body which I find desirable and it only adds something like $20 or $30 to the cost over the standard models
  4. Rockman

Mar 2, 2006
    sorry, I want a four string that would be versatile and have good rock and jazz tone. Right now i have an Ibanez and i like the body, so i guess a body like that. Pickups don't really matter to me except I do not like the split pickup type.
  5. Used Warwick Corvette... Why not stick with the Ibby, I find they're very durable, and mine sounds great! If neither of those float your boat, you can usually find a Euro Spector Bolt On running for a tad more than your budget (up to $900) you may be able to score one of those.

Any more speciffics, such as woods, or body shapes?

PS. Please fill out your profile, by listing current gear, interests, and style of music, it will help us give you better suggestions, rather then us just shooting in the dark to get our post counts up, lol. (j/k)
  6. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Lakland 44-01. 'nuff said...