1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for a new bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GugaBass, May 8, 2010.

1. GugaBass

GugaBass

May 8, 2010
    hello all!

I'm an European Bassplayer and play since 2008.
    I currently use an 5-stringed Schecter. What I really love on it, is the fact that the strings are very close to each other ( comparating with an Squier JazzBass)

How could we name thi space in fact ? Because I don't want to buy a bass on web whichon the strings are more away as on my Schecter. Does it have a name actually ?

And my other question is based on prices. I'm living in France but during the Sommer I'm going to Canada for improving my english.
    Is there any difference between North-America and Europa regarding the prices or regarding the choice of basses?

Hope someone could help me!

Best Regards
    GugaBass

2. As far as I'm aware, the closest term to what your referring is just "string spacing". Though most online sites do not specify on this, so you really have to be in person to get a sense of the spacing.

As far as pricing I'm pretty sure as long as you're bringing your Euros over here, it'll be cheaper to buy over in the Americas.

3. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Yes, you definitely want tighter string spacing. And again, yes, from what I have read prices here in the States and Canada are much better than across the pond.

I hope you find what youre looking for!

4. tomas_almeida

tomas_almeida

Oct 5, 2007
    Portugal
    Since you're going to Canada don't forget to try a Dingwall.

I'm european too. Musical stuff is cheaper over the sea.

5. GugaBass

GugaBass

May 8, 2010
    Ok, that's as I thought ...
    Hard to buy online this way ...

It's a very good news you bring me ! :smug:
    Must still see the problem of shipping ...

A Dingwall. Is it an local Bass or something like that ?

6. Make sure you check out ESP/LTD similar to schecter in some ways, but much better in every way IMO.

7. GugaBass

GugaBass

May 8, 2010
    My brother has an ESP/LTD. it rocks. For sure!
    tell me, is there a lot of Flying V basses in America? 'Cause in Europe I've only found the Epiphone Korina with the Flying V Design...

8. Well, if you're open to a 4-string, let me suggest either a Gibson Thunderbird or a Rickenbacker 4003. :bassist:

They're two of my favorites. ;)