1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for a new HH Stingray in Sunburst/Maple or Black Cherry Burst/Maple in Canada

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ostinato, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Ostinato

Ostinato Guest

Feb 7, 2005
    Toronto ON
    Have any fellow Canuckleheads one come across one online or at a local dealer? I've tried several Long & McQuade stores in Toronto but no dice so far...:(

Lovingly submitted,

Ostinato

2. FunkyFrosty

FunkyFrosty

May 28, 2006
    Ontario
    Haven't seen one man, I've seen a few of the custom burgandy / dark purple (don't know what to call that colour) HH Ray's with maple fretboards and clear scratch plates, but no banana on the options you're after.

I'll keep an eye out and PM'yer if I see any.

3. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    Can sombody tell me what H-H is? thanks!

4. Order one? Or can't you wait 6 months :p

5. Ostinato

Ostinato Guest

Feb 7, 2005
    Toronto ON
    Ok thanks a lot...they have the burgundy/clear guard one near where I'm at. Sounds..well...amazing, but the looks aren't really my bag of nails.

Not really my man, not really...six onths is too long a wait even for something as good as a Stingray. ;)

6. Dual Humbucker.

Humbucker - Humbucker basically....

HS Stingrays are Humbucker - Single coil configuration.

7. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    Thanks!!! :D

8. Not a problem :)

9. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    Maybe get L&M to call around to other stores to see if they have one?

10. FunkyFrosty

FunkyFrosty

May 28, 2006
    Ontario
    They do have a really nice HS Sterling in sunburst at the 12th Fret on the Danforth, it's really nice, you should try it.:bag:

11. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    Try Act One Music in Langley BC
    604 533 5777

They are an EBMM dealer and may have something you are looking for.

12. christle

christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    You could try Mother's Music. The Winnipeg store has a decent selection of EBMM basses as does the L&M here. You could also try getting one from the US by going through Steve at Vintage Bass. Not sure if he can sell those across the border but you can at least ask. His service is incredible.

13. Ostinato

Ostinato Guest

Feb 7, 2005
    Toronto ON
    I don't think shipping a new one from stateside is possible but I'll look into it. Somebody just grabbed the one I was demoing at the local L&M...I don't know what I want really, I like the rosewood fingerboard better methinks.:meh:

14. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
  15. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Call the L&M In Burlington. When I went, they had a HH Maple, but Blueburst. MAN that thing was sexy.

16. Steve Clark

Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    You could this company, http://www.molmarketing.net/ although let me know if you get a reply. I emailed on a couple of different occasions and never got a reply. Sometimes its hard to spend your money.

17. Cubeface

Cubeface

Apr 9, 2006
    try Steve's Music, there's one in Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa. Great store.

18. Smallmouth_Bass

Smallmouth_Bass

Dec 29, 2005
    Canada
    I tried a single H StingRay at Long & McQuade's in Ottawa that had a beautiful burgandy rolls finish with a matching headstock.

19. Moose308

Moose308

May 3, 2002
    Canada
    IIRC, L&M commissioned a limited run of Stringrays for their 50th anniversary. I believe there was a production of 50 Black Cherry burst HH Stingrays, clear pickguard. 25 maple boards. 25 rosewood boards. Sort of a collectors item, since they are only in Canada, only 50, and the only ones with clear pickguards.

You can still find these in L&M stores here and there. It just so happens that I played a Black Cherry Burst HH Stingray in the new L&M Nanaimo, BC store about 3 weeks ago. It is probably still there.

20. Moose308

Moose308

May 3, 2002
    Canada
    The above Nanaimo BCB Stingray HH also had a maple fretboard.