1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Looking for a new neck

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by fenderpamd, Oct 2, 2009.

1. fenderpamd

fenderpamd

Sep 30, 2009
    I have a 2006 Fender American Deluxe P and was looking to put a jazz neck on for more comfort and easier play. The J neck is 1-1/2 at the nut vs a P at 1-3/4. I have smaller hands, not real small but medium to small. I have heard that 1-9/16 might be a better all around neck than a 1-1/2. It's been said that J's are a bit too small and tougher to hit the correct string unless you play it exclusively. Does anyone here have any feedback about changing to a J neck or should I go to a custom at 1-9/16. Also, if I get a new neck, I was thinking about different frets. What is the word on different frets besides the med. jumbos I have on the P Deluxe? Just looking for a bit of info before I jump into the new neck and make a mistake by getting the wrong thing and being stuck with something I didn't want.

Thanks all.