Looking for a new recording forum with adult behavior

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Chris Fitzgerald, May 8, 2005.

1. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Hi all. For years I've dropped by homerecording.com to get basic answers to some of the recording questions I've had. In the beginning, the place was full of very helpful people like Harvey Gerst, who turned a simple question I asked into the most helpful and information-packed thread I've ever seen on any internet forum, bar none. Lately, however, that forum has turned in a direction that I can't stomach, and with the exception of a few people who are actually there to share information, has turned into...well, I'm not here to bash another forum, but I'm looking for a place with moderators, and a place with members who are interested in sharing information in something like the way we do here at TB. Are there any recording forums out there for people in the newbie to intermediate range of recording skills? Which ones do you like, and why?

P.S. - I hope this thread is kosher with the BG powers that be. I'm not at all trying to bash my old forum, just looking for some new options. Thanks!
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    You could check out www.osxaudio.com

I go there from time to time. I can't fully vouch for the forum populace, but there seems to be a handful of helpful and mature people.
  3. supermonkey

Mar 15, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Check out TapeOp.com, too. Don't know if they have forums, but at least the online mag is worth reading for any recording enthusiast.
  4. Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    Yes, TapeOp.com has a forum, its pretty good.

+1 to Prosoundweb.com, though it is quite big and finding the appropriate place to post can be tough for those new to the forums.

5. Chris, my husband and I operate http://www.recording.org/ We do not tolerate flame wars, name calling or slanderous remarks at all, like some of the other recording forums do. We ask that everyone debate the topic and not the person posting the topic, if people can not abide by these rules, they are banned.

We have many forums for every recording need anyone could possibly encounter, with all professional folks to help find answers. Give us a try, you won't be disappointed.......I promise.

Mods, if you feel this post is on the verge of spam, please delete it and I will PM Chris as well.

6. Droog

Aug 14, 2003

I may just have to join! Looks good.
  7. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
  8. WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    Not only is there a forum area, but the magazine subscription is FREE, too. You could also look at mixonline.com, although there's no forum, the article database is fantastic.
  9. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks for all the great replies everybody - that gives me a lot to go on. :) Now where'd I put my damn reading glasses...?