Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looking for a new rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bryan Hassing, Mar 22, 2002.

1. Hello: I am looking for a new rig but wonder if I'm asking the impossible. I play a 6-string fretted Modulus and would like to have a decent rig for playing rock, jazz-influenced pop, and possibly Christian music in small to medium-small venues as well as Church. Here's the tough part: I don't have the greatest back health and would like to get a lightweight setup. I'd like to get something that can handle the low-B and high-C strings fairly well. I know this is asking a lot of a lightweight setup, but do you have any suggestions? Thanks

Bryan

2. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    Bagend maybe?

Glockenklang(sp?) also makes some realy good cabs that are really light, but they are really expensive (especially in Am.)

Wayne Jones. Again expensive, but is an excellent cab. I'm not sure how heavy they are though. It is just a 2x10 so it shouldn't be that heavy.

Acme!

I'd get one of those cabs and either a 2 space rack with a preamp of your choice and a peavey DPC 1400, or one of the new ampeg PB-800R head. The PB800R only weighs 22 pounds and puts out 800watts at 2 ohms! I haven't heard one, but it looks like it has alot of tone shaping features.

3. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    You might also consider a 1x12. I know aguilar is only 39 pounds, and Flite Sound is only 26 pounds!!

4. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    Euphonic Audio.

5. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Just got a 1x15 from these guys and my 4x10 is on a UPS truck on it's way. The 1x15 sounds AMAZING!!! Right now I have an old Laney 4x10 and the 1x15 did wonders in beefing up it's sound! Anyway here is a link to their 2x10 with foster horn and 6dB per octave slope mylar capacitor crossover and has an adjustable tweeter. Cool!! Give these guys a try, the owner and speaker builder actually answers the phone and TALKS to you. He spent 30+ min on the phone with me before I placed my first order. Now that's customer service!!! ;)
    Link to 2x10

Quad