1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for a nice 2x10 to go my a Yorkie XS400H

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by roadkill2309, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Hi all,

I just bought a 400H off of JoshB -- who was excellent to work with, by the way -- and I'm looking for a nice cab to go with it. I know that I like the sound of the Eden 210 KLT with the Ampeg SVT 3 Pro, and I'm assuming that the tube pre on te Yorkie will give it a similar tube-y goodness as the SVT, and that the Eden cab will mate nicely with it, as well.
    Anyone have experience with this sort of a match-up? I haven't tried out enough cabs to make an informed decision.

In fact, this will be my first nice set-up after 20 years of playing, 12 of which have been with a muddy-as-sin 2x15 by some company called EMC (about which I have found out *nothing,* no matter how many google searches I do).

So if that makes me a n00b, then so be it ;)

2. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    Try the new Traynor 2x10. The Eden is a good cabinet too, I agree. But heavy for me.

3. I think you'll find the warm low end of the XLT will match up nicely with your Yorkie. Unless you're looking for a flatter more Marcus Miller type tone. In that case the Eden XST might be a better fit....or maybe an EBS Proline 2x10.

4. Eminor3rd

Eminor3rd BLAAAAARRGGHH!!

Feb 10, 2008
    NYC
    Both the Eden XST and XLT are excellent full-range 2x10's because they have exceptional lows. Definitely consider a Schroeder as well.

5. Crap, I was thinking about the XST because it's a little lighter. I didn't know it sounded a *lot* different. I know I really like the sound of the XLT, though... I know I'm definitely not looking for a Marcus Miller type tone...

Maybe I'll find one to try out. I wish the music stores in this town weren't so crapulent.

6. I was originally looking at the Traynor, but when I wanted to try one out, the display model wasn't there any more (It had been there the previous week).

And I'm so with you on the heaviness of the XLT. Me=no car, so that sorta thing's kind of key...