1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Looking for a nice 5 String? Sam Ash Has them...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by airborne_jeff, Apr 2, 2013.

1. airborne_jeff

airborne_jeff

Jan 8, 2013
    Land O Lakes, FL
    75% of all statistics are completely made up
    There was a thread asking about a particular model bass out there for a while, but I wanted to let everyone know about the deal I got on a closeout bass from Sam Ash.

Right now, the discontinued SRA555 and SRA550 are on closeout deal through their website.
    I ordered in the SRA555 last week and received it in store the next day. This is my first higher quality instrument (I have a Peavey Millennium and an Ibanez SR250) and in comparison, this is a whole new level of guitar.
    I put in a full review in the review section, but if you want a really nice guitar at a fraction of the original price, I would go and check them out. Any questions, let me know!

IMAG0198_zps93f22fc6.

IMAG0200_zps7aebe2e1.

IMAG0203_zpsc6bbf056.

2. walldaja

walldaja

Apr 27, 2011
    Really great price for a solid bass. I got an SRA505 from them and then got a gift card. Was looking for a different bass but when I saw the price on the 555 I bought it. Play the 505 out and the 555 at home. Beautiful bass!

3. airborne_jeff

airborne_jeff

Jan 8, 2013
    Land O Lakes, FL
    Yes, I am thinking of selling my other two lower end basses and getting the 4 string version in black.

4. Tunaman

Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    SR555 sam ash

$369 is a great price... man if it wasn't mahogany & had a maple neck I'd be all over it... I have a few warm basses already & mahogany is a warm wood

Man... i wish

5. AngelCrusher

AngelCrusher Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2004
    Mesa Boogie, Tech 21, Taylor
    Flashback..I used to play one of those for years in the neck through version.

Just a very nice solid bass. Moved on to a warwick and a modulus, but the sdgr was a huge part of my development as a kid.

6. airborne_jeff

airborne_jeff

Jan 8, 2013
    Land O Lakes, FL
    Yeah, at that price I couldn't pass it up. Sound is awesome. they set the action at the store, I set the pickup height at home to round it out a little, and since then I haven't put it down.