Looking for a nice tabs for my music school exam...

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by icks, May 14, 2003.

1. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    Hello everyone, I'm actually in a music school, which is great, I look for a song to perform as final exam this year.

I'm in second "grade" so I don't need something particulary hard to play, but I'm quite good for a second grade student.

I play mostly blues and rock, and I look for some bass line catchy, not too long but some thing catchy...

Last exams I played, grease main theme (full version), Bonnie & Clyde By Serge Gainsbourg, I'll probably play this year The Papa's n The Mama's Dreams a little dream of me, which is nice too..

Please gimme me idea's and tabs of it..

I like Led Zep, Jimmi and the Beatles, and anything that sounds great..

PS: If someone have a gp3 file of a mp3 of bass alone of Dusty Springfield ( The son of the preacher man) it'll be nice to have it...

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i'm curious - if you're in music school, wouldn't notation be better? :confused:
  3. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    I'll take any form of music sheets, such as gp3, tabs, scanned books and so on ...
    Mp3's could be nice too, with tabs (I'm not quite good to play by ear)
  4. How about Smoke on the Water? Bass line isn't very exciting, tho... :meh:

Smells like Teen Spirit! :rolleyes:

How about Joe Satriani's Starry Night? Dunno if there's a tab on the net, tho... But I dig the bassline... :)
  5. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    thanks for submitting, but being in second grade doesn"t mean I'm a poor player ...

Starry night bass line is .... how do you say ...
    stupid ....

No offense...

I will play alone, so i need a bass line a little more comprehensive... something like a running bass, of a famous main theme ....
  6. Borknagar

Feb 3, 2003
    Norway, Oslo