Looking for a Notes reading instruction book + CD

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by adisu, Feb 23, 2006.

1. adisu

adisu I admit it, I'm a "user"

Apr 8, 2005
    Hi all.
    First of all before all of you start shouting at me to look at the sticky thread by chris "Music Theory/General Instruction Links", i already did but i didn't find what i want.

I'm looking for a book that deals only with notes reading nothing else (no technique , no scales modes or inversions) just notes reading for starters.

I saw in chris's thread that someone recommended a book called "Note Reading Studies for Bass" , the book looks like a good one but the only problem is that i need also a CD with example together with the book (this one don't come with a CD) because i have no knowledge in reading rhythms .
    The pitch is easier to learn only by reading a book and training but for the rhythms i need to hear an examples in order to get it , so the CD is very important.

I Hope someone can recommend a good book that comes with a CD for notes reading learning.

Thanks in advance.
  2. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    If you want to learn how to read music, and you cannot find any good bass books, I suggest that you get some music for instuments in bass clef. or you can get a piano book or something.

I cant fully see from your point of view since before starting bass i already played piano and clarinet.

sorry i cant be of more help
  3. 64lusso

Jan 20, 2006
    central Va
    Check out Carol Kaye she has a music reading for bass DVD I believe.
  4. adisu

adisu I admit it, I'm a "user"

Apr 8, 2005
    FIrst thanks for your answers.
    The problem is not that i don't find a good book for bass, the problem is that i didn't find any book that comes with a CD that explains the rhythms of the noataions.

Thanks man but i afraid not, i was looking at her site and didn't find any DVD of reading notation, actually it sound weird that someone will do a DVD instructing how to read notation.
    It's more like a book or a book and sample CD thing.

Anybody else got suggestions????