Looking for a phrase sampler/looper

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Chunk-O-Funk, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Looking for a looper in a pedal form. Mostly will use it as a practise tool, maybe some solo stuff. Should be easy to use, I'm not much of a pedal guy. I've seen Boss makes a few.

Any suggestions would be great.

2. DannDubblewe

DannDubblewe Knob Wrangler Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2009
    TN
    Scope out a Boss RC2 or the new RC3. The RC2 should be pretty easy to come by used at a reasonable price and is definitely an immensely helpful practice tool. There are more complicated ones (RC-20XL, Boomerang III) but if it's for home practice the smaller, cheaper ones are definitely the way to go.

3. alec

alec

Feb 13, 2000
    Perth, Australia
    ^ what that guy said

4. Thanks!

One question I have is the number of loops. It looks like the RC2 is only one. If that's true which one do you recommend? Also, I could have mentioned that in my original posting, sorry.

5. Get a Digitech Jamman or the Boss RC-3. Able to store up to 99 separate loops and you can move them to and from your computer. They're also a little more capable in other areas as well.

6. alec

alec

Feb 13, 2000
    Perth, Australia
    RC-2 has 11(?) separate phrases that you can save to. In any one of them, you can keep laying down as many loops as you want. As Kwesi said, RC-3 has 99 phrases.

7. singlemalt

singlemalt Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2007
    White Salmon, WA
  8. Thanks guys! For some reason I did not notice the updates. (?)

Great info. (as usual) :)

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021