Looking for a recommendation for a keyboard amp.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by coffee-sipper, May 4, 2004.

1. coffee-sipper

Jul 10, 2003
    Raleigh NC
    Since I am a loser and have no friends (I am in grad school). I recently bought my wife a fancy Yamaha S08 synthesizer so I could play with someone (and also so she could practice piano at night when the kids are in bed). Anyway, we currently run both my bass (Yamaha BB1550A) and her synth through a SWR Workingman's 15. I would really like to get my wife her own amp so as not to overload my bass amp. Any recommendations for a keyboard amp? Something in the same range/category as the SWR.
  2. bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    The roland series, i dont know what theyre called. THey sound pretty good, theyre built solid, plus thers 4 channels anf a mic input.
  3. I've played through the Rolands, the Peaveys, and a few others. many are nice.

basically of course you're buying a PA. If you want a lot of mixing flexibility and don't need cranking volume, you can get a small PA/mixer. they even make combos with speakers and heads that pack up into one unit, though i don't know the sound quality on those. I'd take a look at least if I were you:

of course most people (including me :) ) have an amp. one of the middle Rolands or Peaveys should fit your bill. the rolands are nicer but more expensive per watt.