Looking for a relatively cheap rig...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Spam2mapS, Jul 30, 2002.

1. Spam2mapS

Jun 26, 2002
    Ann Arbor, MI
    I don't really know a whole lot about cabs, so I was just wondering if this set up would work. I am looking at getting a GK 800RB (used), and hooking it up with an avatar 410. I was also wondering if adding a speakerhole 118 would help with the low end, or if this cab is such low quality that it isn't even worth it. Thanks for any help

edit - I would like to clarify that I have done research on different cabs and heads, I just don't know much about how ohms, or hooking up multiple cabs to a head works out electronics-wise.
  2. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    I would get the head and the 4x10, and then decide if I already had enough low end or not. I wouldn't get a Speakerhole cab myself.
  3. Look at the Hartke 3500 head. Good stuff. If your looking for a low end cab get an avatar 1x15 to go with the Avatar 4x10. It is a great setup. I am not sure how speakerhole is but i would not get them. If you don't have the money for a avatar 1x15...look on ebay for some avatars. Sometimes Dave will put them up for auction at lower prices. Do a search for Eminence...You'll find his cabs then. He doesn't title his auctions with Avatar for some reason.

Good Luck.
  4. Spam2mapS

Jun 26, 2002
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Thanks, I am pretty sure I will begetting the 410, and I was thinking the avatar 115 would be a better choice than the speakerhole. I'll check out that Hartke also
  5. You won't go wrong with the B115. Worth every penny.
  6. jmanyea

Mar 20, 2002
    St. Louis
    I've got an 800rb for sale $325 shipped. I've been using it w/ an Avatar 210 and a Boogie 1x15 and it sounds great, I'm just upgrading to a component system. Actually, I ordered a Sansamp RBI rackmount preamp that's been on backorder for 7 weeks and a Carvin power amp that I already received. If it wasn't too to return the Carvin I would just return it, cancell the RBI and keep the 800rb.
  7. Spam2mapS

Jun 26, 2002
    Ann Arbor, MI
    jmanyea, check your private messages :)