Looking for a specific AUX to Bluetooth device

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by eastcoasteddie, Aug 14, 2018.

1. here’s the story.
    The company I work for just upgraded my vehicle - went from a 2012 Ford Econoline with Bluetooth/USB and Aux inputs to a 2018 Ford Transit 250 with only Bluetooth/USB capability.

I have a few devices that are not Bluetooth capable (AUX only) that I would like to use in this vehicle (namely the VOX bassamp headphone amp I use through the vehicle speakers via an AUX cable)
    I’ve been trying to find some sort of device that would allow me to go from my AUX devices into the radio via USB or Bluetooth.
    What I was able to find, all the devices work the opposite direction - sync to your Bluetooth device and plug into the stereo via AUX.
    anyone know of sub a device that I need?

(Apparently Ford is deleting AUX from new vehicles because they “think” their customers prefer Bluetooth...)

2. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    I never actually learned to play very well
    You probably want something like this:

Mpow Bluetooth 4.1 Receiver and Transmitter, 2-in-1 Wireless 3.5mm Audio Adapter, Pairing with 2 Bluetooth Headphones At Once In TX Mode, Built-in Mic for Hands-free Calling in RX Mode

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KXIKCSI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_d1WCBbQ89Y629

Search Amazon for “aux to Bluetooth transmitter” and you’ll get a lot of choices. Make sure you’re getting a transmitter or transmitter/receiver, and not just a receiver (a few of the latter show up in the search results).

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    eastcoasteddie likes this.
  3. OldDog52

Jan 1, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    The disappearance of Aux In connectors in new cars is premature. They’re also dumping CD players. :-/

LiquidMidnight likes this.
  4. Yeah, my 2014 Grand Cherokee had the option of a 5-disc changer in the center console...but it was extra... I do have all my music on at least one Ipod, so that’s not too big of a concern for me...but the AUX input-delete? How much do they actually save on omitting that huge convenience...???!?!?

5. That looks exactly like what I need. Thank you!

The only other thing I worry about with going by way of a wireless setup is latency....I hate it when any kind of video isn’t synced with sound, and since I actually play bass through the stereo, I worry about audio latency through Bluetooth...it would be like playing through a delay pedal when I don’t want to...

6. OldDog52

Jan 1, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    Bluetooth products that support aptX have very low latency. You can get a transmitter that uses aptX. The question is does the new Transit support aptX? Some quick googling suggests Ford Sync doesn’t have aptX.

Maybe Aux to USB would be a better option for you. Or even Aux to FM.

7. Does an AUX to USB actually work the way we think it should? I’ve read that most USB inputs are for data transmission and won’t work for Audio transmission.
    But then I saw this cable:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0787XDXFV/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1_1_3?smid=AAFR6I3USIVE9&psc=1
    The very first review that comes up, the guy says it worked perfectly in that he plugged the AUX end into his phone and the USB end into his truck...all songs played...
    I guess it’s cheap enough to try without much consequence...

Then I was looking into FM transmitters, and I see that almost all of them transmit on an even-number frequency; like 88.2, .4, .6, etc; where FM stations transmit on odd-number frequencies like 88.1, .3, .5, etc. The radio in my truck does not fine tune in consecutive numbers, only on odd numbers.
    I would think that this could pose a static problem...

Such a simple need, with such a nightmare to satisfy...:banghead:

8. OldDog52

Jan 1, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    I think my "AUX to USB" suggestion will be problematic. Disregard.

You could try talking to someone at Crutchfield (like online chat). They specialize in this stuff and should know how to do what you need without any guesswork.

Crutchfield: Car Stereo, Speakers, Home Theater, Pro Audio, 4k TV

9. I believe the FM transmitter will be the best way to go at this point in time. I have searched and searched...I suppose as more and more people wind up with this same issue of really needed an aux input, someone will either come up with a new interface or auto manufacturers will put the AUX back into cars.

I found this simple transmitter that seems to have the best reviews - does one thing and seems to do it well. This transmitter does even and odd frequencies.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00URUJWPW/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A1RI0YHZ8J2HZU&psc=1

I should get it soon, and see what happens...

Thanks for all your efforts!

10. I have used this with my amplug it works by a enter between Fm station
    I am using this it works off a open FM station just plug in to the 12v adapter and other side is the Aux
    press the button and you are good to go. I have used it a few times and it works great my car has only bluetooth as well no aux :( this was my solution like $10 US
    upload_2018-8-16_9-17-15.png

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021