1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Looking for a specific Ibanez

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bruiserman, Jul 22, 2003.

1. Bruiserman

Bruiserman

Jul 22, 2003
    Years ago I had an Ibanez bass. I know it was not a soundgear. I thought "road" was in its name but the roadgears (or whatever they are called) I see don't look anything like this
    It had active pickups. They were both J pickups, it also had a through neck. Was black with a purple pearl outline around the edge. It had a dark wood fretboard, (redwood or cherry or something like that)
    This bass of mine died in a house fire.:(
    This was in 93'. Anyway, I don't care about the color really but would like to find one of these basses again. If anyone knows what I am talking about or has one I would love to get a pic and the name of the bass.
    Well, thanks in advance
    Brian
    My email is dimond34@earthlink.net

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Ibanez Road Star i think is what you are thinking of/

3. Bruiserman, I tried to direct you to what used to be the Ibanez vintage page, but, see for yourself - the guy that runs it says it's costing too much! :bawl: http://www.ibanezvintage.com

This was an excellent site that had ALL old Ibanez models on it.

CRAP!

I'm going to e-mail the guy later and see if I can help him get the site back up.

What a disappointment! :(

You never know what you have until you loose it.

Mike