1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

looking for a squishy spaceship landing sound

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Matthew Bryson, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Hi. I'm an effects dummy, but I think what I'm looking for is either a phaser or envelope filter... maybe a flanger or auto-wah or mooger or some such... :eyebrow: I really don't know. I do know that a lot of the effects I listed above can be similar. Basically what I want is whatever effect is the most outrageously, funkily, bizarre. (yet musically usable) Ideally, something that won't completely rob the bottom end or has a blend knob to blend in some dry signal, but will make my bass sound all robotically squishy like a spaceship making an emergency landing after the crew takes too many psilocybin mushrooms. I prefer a peddle that I can set on the floor and step on. Lets say, high end of the price range is $200. Any suggestions?

2. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    A flanger. The Boss BF3 gets all whacky sounding. I am not sure if it accepts an expression pedal. With it you can speed up the effect to simulate the space ship "getting closer to the ground".