1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for a swivel type neckstrap connector.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by garya, Jun 27, 2014.

1. garya

garya Guest

Feb 10, 2014
    Is there a neck strap peg that swivels? I think I saw one somewhere online awhile ago, but I forget. I have to play bass in almost a full upright position, like Bill Wyman in the Rolling Stones. I have a problem with my left wrist not rotating the typical amount, so I can play bass with an upright position. A long time ago when I started out as a teenager, I drilled a new hole for remounting the peg on the horn part of a Fender Precision bass. That allowed me to swing up the neck high and the strap would stay on. Neck strap locks help, but they always had a big strain on the leather strap. That is why I moved the peg with a new hole drilled in the body.

I am going top buy a new bass tp start playing again and I do not want to drill a new hole in it. The neck strap peg I am asking about would have like a swivel hinge type action mounted through the usual peg. The neck strap then attaches to that small swivel arm. Sort of hard to explain exactly, but I think you get the idea. Anyone know of these neck strap custom pegs that swivel?

2. garya

garya Guest

Feb 10, 2014
    Bump.... anybody know of such a neckstrap connection?