1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Looking for a teacher in London

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Lord Henry, Apr 12, 2006.

1. As tends to be the case, I'm starting this thread at a silly time of night and I may have to bump it.

I've been playing bass on and off for about ten years, and I recently made it my main focus. I had a few lessons, but that was years ago. What I want to do is spend two or three hours with a really top notch teacher who can highlight the flaws in my technique, suggest things to practice, that sort of thing.

So, if anyone knows a great teacher in London (UK) then I would like a name and contact details. I'm happy to pay a good price as this will be a one off/once yearly thing.

I know that there are some great players here on TB so feel free to recomend yourself. But as the adds so often say: no time wasters.

Cheers all

2. bill_banwell

bill_banwell Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Mike Flynn! great bassist, and hes teaching im sure.

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Steve Lawson teaches in North London and has his own forum here!! :)

4. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    Hi Henry,

I do indeed teach in North London - there's a whole page about my teaching on my site - www.stevelawson.net - and a couple of pages of quotes from students past and present.

Drop me a line if you've got any questions,

take care

Steve
    www.stevelawson.net