1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for a teacher in the south SF bay area

Discussion in 'Wanted: Bass Players' started by Mastema, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Mastema

Mastema

Mar 27, 2006
    I did a search and couldn't find anything...

I'm looking for a teacher in the south San Francisco bay area (from San Jose up to maybe Redwood City). I've been playing for a few years, have a lot of knowledge in my head and want help putting it all together. Learning more theory wouldn't hurt either.

Thanks for any pointers.

2. JoshB

JoshB A great man is always willing to be little. -RWE

You can try calling John Jordan of J Ace J Studios in Menlo Park...he also teaches at Menlo School... (https://www.menloschool.org/creativ...ion=VPSFaculty&LinkID=49&DirectoryModuleID=37)

John is a great teacher...he helped me get into my current profession of sound engineering by letting me intern at the studio and taught me a lot about both bass and music in general...great guy! The only thing is that he may be already booked up...he's a kind of in-demand teacher.

Another option is calling the Riekes Center for Human Enhancement. (they're in Menlo Park as well...actually just down the street from J Ace J Studios) http://www.riekescenter.com/creativearts/rock.htm (scroll down to the bottom for a list of teachers...)

If you call...ask to talk to Aiden Young and tell him Josh Bubniak told you to call. He's the director for the Creative Arts Department and could give you some better options than I could.

Feel free to PM me if you need more info...

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 15, 2021